- Bolt: Ultimate Sea Coaster Coming To Carnival Mardi Gras in 2020
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel Construction Update
- Six Flags Cyber Sale Extended Until Thursday The 29th!
- Holiday Decorating Tips From Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg Celebrates 10 Magical Years of Christmas Town
- Six Flags China Construction Update
- Rosita Flying into The Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland Park
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway Ride is Coming to Disneyland Park in 2019
- National Hockey League Announces Sports Betting Partnership with MGM Resorts
- Busch Gardens® Williamsburg Celebrates 10 Magical Years of Christmas Town™
Great America Introduces Patriot Floorless Coaster For 2017
Today California’s Great America announced that for the 2017 season, it will introduce Patriot, the first floorless coaster in the park’s 41-year history. Patriot will emerge from the soon to be retired Vortex coaster, the oldest stand up roller coaster in the United States. Patriot will take riders to a 91-foot height before plummeting them into a 360-degree loop at 45 miles per hour. Patriot’s position in the park makes it a dynamic visual from three different sections of Great America. The inspiration for the coaster’s name was taken from the fact that the ride is nestled adjacent to All American Corners within a park whose name celebrates America. The transition from a stand up to floorless ride will include state-of-the-art blue and white trains positioning guests with their feet dangling above the blue and white track. “With the track visible beneath their fee, Patriot will create unique and exciting new perspectives throughout the ride,” said California’s Great America Vice President and General Manager Raul Rehnborg.
Guests can take their “Last Stand” on Vortex through September 5. Then work will begin to ready Patriot for the 2017 season. Great America’s season continues weekend operations through Oct. 30, with Halloween Haunt running Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Sept. 24-Oct. 30. WinterFest debuts and takes center stage Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from Nov. 25- Dec. 30, with daily operations Dec. 19-23 and 26-30. Guests can ice skate in front of the iconic Carousel Columbia, admire magnificent displays of lights and décor, view spectacular live holiday shows, experience 18 rides, see Santa’s workshop and Mrs. Claus’ kitchen, and enjoy scrumptious holiday foods around the park. Season Passes for the 2017 season go on sale today at the lowest price of the season, offering unlimited admission for the rest of 2016 and all of 2017. 2017 Gold Season Passes are now on sale for 9 easy payments of $9.75 and include unlimited visits during the rest of the 2016 season, admission to Halloween Haunt, WinterFest, Gilroy Gardens (excluding Lumination), unlimited admission during the 2017 season, and more.