- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Fright Fest 2019 Coffin Challenge!
- The Jersey Devil Roller Coaster Announced For Six Flags Great Adventure in 2020
- Updated Disneyland Castle Finally Revealed
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Holding Opening Party For BATMAN: The Ride
- Storm Troopers Will Enforce 4 Hour Window In Galaxy’s Edge
- Bolt: Ultimate Sea Coaster Coming To Carnival Mardi Gras in 2020
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel Construction Update
- Six Flags Cyber Sale Extended Until Thursday The 29th!
- Holiday Decorating Tips From Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg Celebrates 10 Magical Years of Christmas Town
Updated Disneyland Castle Finally Revealed
Sleeping Beauty Castle, the standout object of the Disneyland park in Anaheim, has been undergoing a refurbishment for the past five months. Initially this created an abundance of walkway issues forcing visitors to go around through Frontierland or near The Matterhorn to reach Fantasyland.
The most noticeable difference in the castle is that it has been repainted with brighter and bolder colors, with a strong infusion of blues and pinks. The cedar-shake roof shingles on the 18 turrets have been replaced and decorated with gold sparkles, representing magical pixie dust.
“It’s as though the entire castle has been enchanted; I personally think this is the best because it’s the first and it’s Walt’s castle and nobody can improve on it.”
– Kim Irvine, art director for Walt Disney Imagineering, adding that the bolder colors more closely reflect the original hues of the building when it opened in 1955.